It is hard to underestimate how important good lighting is in a retail store. It creates the ambiance, and when done correctly, it can entice customers to buy more merchandise. This is true of display case lighting as well, and more retailers are finding that using LED lighting in display cases has distinct advantages over using traditional incandescent or fluorescent bulb lighting. What are these advantages?

Less Heat 

Only 10% of the energy from incandescent bulbs is converted into visible light.  The other 90% is converted into heat. This not only wastes energy; it heats items in display cases, and depending on the merchandise, can fade and crack them over time. This does nothing to increase sales.

LED bulbs, on the other hand, produce very little heat.  Display case items stay cool and as good looking as the day you placed them in the case.

Improved Visibility

Merchandise beneath LED lighting simply shines brighter than merchandise illuminated by incandescent lights or fluorescent lights. Well-lit display case items attract customer attention and hold it longer. The longer a customer is interested in an item, the greater the chances of making a sale.

And unlike conventional incandescent and fluorescent bulbs that shine light across a wide area, the light from LED bulbs can be aimed at specific pieces of merchandise. This direct beam of light highlights items in ways that diffused, sometimes dull traditional lighting can not.

LED bulbs not only provide great light, increasing customer attention and the likelihood of a sale. They are also 75% more efficient than incandescent bulbs, and they last up 25 times longer.